Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Art Institute of Chicago Family Programs for Fall

If you live in the Chicago area or are planning a visit, they have a great kids' artist studio where they have supplies for a special art project the kids can do on their own.  You can just drop-in between 11am and 2pm, no registration is required...the room is big and very inspiring for young artists!

Click here for a calendar of their family programs and the themes for the drop-in Artist's Studio.

I will be taking my boys to "Art in the Garden" where they explore landscape through artwork in the galleries and then immerse themselves in the real landscape of Lurie Garden to create their own oil pastel masterpiece.

—This program requires advance registration and space is limited. For more information, call 312 857 7161 or e-mail familyprograms@artic.edu


2 comments:

  1. That sounds cool. I do not have kids. But I'd like to use it myself! My studio is too small and a mess. Would be nice to spread out in a large room.

    ReplyDelete